The inspiration for this cheesecake recipe was from Nayna Kanabar's blog -Simply food. She has some really great recipes on her blog. Her recipe for lemon cheesecake is here.. I changed the recipe slightly by using fresh strawberries which are in abundance this summer.
Ingredients (I changed them slightly to suit the tastes of my family)
300 grams Digestives
100 grams melted butter
250 grams of mascarpone cheese
100 mls double cream
100 grams icing sugar
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
20-25 fresh strawberries
For the base:
1. Grease and line loose bottomed cake tin with baking paper. You can also use aluminium foil or double cling film. Leave the lining a bit big to enable you to lift the cake from the cake base.
2. Crush the biscuits. The best way to do this is as explained in Nayna’s recipe. Put all the biscuits in a strong plastic food bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
3. Transfer all the crumbs into a mixing bowl and pour in the melted butter. Mix well.
4. Transfer this mixture into the cake tin and press this down using a flat spoon. Keep pressing so that the mixture is all firm and even.
5. Allow this biscuit mixture to cool in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
For the filling:
6. Whisk the mascarpone cheese, double cream and icing sugar. Add the lemon
juice and mix again
7. Wash and chop about 7-8 strawberries in quarters
8. Once the base has set, spread the strawberries on the base (optional)
9. Spread the mixture on top of the base. Smooth the top of the cheesecake
with the back of a wet dessert spoon.
10. Keep the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.
To remove and serve the cake:
Again Nayna’s instructions were really helpful.
11. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and allow it to get to the room
temperature (about 30 minutes)
12. Place the cake tin on any food can and gradually pull down the sides of the cake tin.
13. Using the baking paper/foil/clingfilm etc…transfer the cake to a serving dish.
15. The cheesecake turns out so lovely and creamy that it can be served on its own
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle.