Friday 9 July 2010

FRENCH BREAD PIZZA

Photobucket


It's been very hot in the UK for the fast 2 weeks and we have been enjoying lots of salads, fruit and icecream.   This has meant that none of us have wanted a big meal at mealtimes.  This is a quick and simple recipe to make when you are hungry and want something extra with your salad. 

Ingredients:

Loaf of unsliced bread  (any bread is fine )
butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
one red pepper
one onion
2 green chillies
grated cheese (I used cheddar cheese)
some oregano
a small mixture of salt, pepper, coriander and cumin powder mixed to your taste
2 tablespoons Passata sauce (or any tomato sauce)

Method:

1.   Slice the bread and put it under the grill to brown on one side.
2.   Cut the onions, green chillies and pepper (you can use other toppings too).
3.   Add the spice mixture and olive oil to the sliced vegetables.
4.   Remove the bread from the grill and butter the uncooked side.
5.  Top it with the sliced vegetables covered in olive oil.
6.  Pop this under the grill for a minute.



Photobucket


7.  Spread the cheese on top of the vegetables.
8.  Cook under the grill until the cheese starts to melt.
9  Sprinkle with Oregano and serve on its own or with salad


Photobucket

Summertime is great in the UK this year with lots of flowers all over the countryside. Here's a picture of some of the pretty flowers (and strawberries) growing in my area.


Photobucket


If you enjoy reading my blog, please Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.

Photobucket
www.givemesomespice.com




10 comments:

  1. mouthwatering bread pizza....it will be perfect with a cup of tea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting and looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and delicious tempting pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect fast and easy snack. I am loving all the extras you are incorporating in your template, its making your blog look very personal and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree to Rach dear, looks absolutely yumm, perfect to with salads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo cheesy and irresistible pizza, never thought of making pizza with french breads, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful click,looks so yum and kids will surely love this one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello first time here,nice collcetion of recipes u have here, this will defenitely be hit with my boys!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.