This is another easy to cook and healthy receipe:
1 block of ready packed paneer
1 bunch or bag of fresh spinach. (small leaves taste better)
1 small onion chopped finely (OPTIONAL)
4 tablespoons yogurt
4 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp dhania (coriander)powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 cinammon stick
1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon cashewnuts, powdered
2 tomatoes, pureed
1-2 tablespoon cream
2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon sunflower oil or similar
Salt to taste
1. Cut the paneer into cubes and marinade them with 4 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the ginger garlic paste. allow to soak as long as you can. Then add one tablespoon oil to the mixture cook the mixture in an oven for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Centigrade.
2. Whilst the paneer is in the oven, heat the remaining oil and add the mustrad seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves to the oil. Allow the cloves and mustard seeds to pop.
3. Add the onions (optional) and ginger/garlic paste.
4. Fry for about a minute.
5. Add the tomato puree and salt to taste.
6. Fry on medium heat till the mixture thickens.
7. Now add the spinach and enough water and bring to a boil.
8. Add the cooked paneer cubes to the spinach.
9. Add the cream and mix well.
10. Stir in the chopped coriander leaves.
11. Allow to simmer on a medium to low heat for 20 minutes.
This dish is best served hot with paratha or naan.