I really loved the sweet potato juliennes I made last week. With the month of Shravan still continuing - I am having to look for different ways of making the same fasting food look exciting and different so that we don't get bored. At the same time, I wanted to make sure that we were eating enough proteins with the carbs.
Yesterday, I was rushing to go to work and needed to make something quick to take for mu lunch to eat during the shraven fast. I made this quick and easy to make dish using sweet potatoes.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 medium sweet potatoes (this time I used the yellow fleshed ones)
1 tablespoon olive oil
lo salt and black pepper to taste
½ cup of raw cashews and nuts
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Peel and wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into thick round slices.
2. Transfer them to a microwave dish and spread the oil, lo salt and pepper to the sweet potatoes.
3. Add the nuts too and stir well.
4. Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes and stir.
5. Add the lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute.
6. Your food is ready to pack in your lunch box.
Tip: If you like your sweet potato rings to be crunchy - you can cook them in the oven ( 15-17 minutes at 190 degress).
My blog is also available on Kindle