Saturday 4 August 2012

Sweet potato rings


I really loved the sweet potato juliennes I made last week.  With the month of Shravan still continuing - I am having to look for different ways of making the same fasting food look exciting and different so that we don't get bored.  At the same time, I wanted to make sure that we were eating enough proteins with the carbs.

Yesterday, I was rushing to go to work and needed to make something quick to take for mu lunch to eat during the shraven fast.  I made this quick and easy to make dish using sweet potatoes.

Ingredients for 2 servings:


2 medium sweet potatoes (this time I used the yellow fleshed ones)
1 tablespoon olive oil
lo salt and black pepper to taste
½ cup of raw cashews and nuts
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Method:

1.  Peel and wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into thick round slices.

2.  Transfer them to a microwave dish and spread the oil, lo salt and pepper to the sweet potatoes. 

3.  Add the nuts too and stir well.




4.  Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes and stir.

5. Add the lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute.

6.  Your food is ready to pack in your lunch box.


Tip: If you like your sweet potato rings to be crunchy - you can cook them in the oven ( 15-17 minutes at 190 degress).

If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter.

My blog is also available on Kindle   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.