4 cups of fresh or frozen spinach
2 cups of fresh or frozen mixed vegetables (I used carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn and peppers)
1 Medium Onion
3-4 cloves of Small Garlic
500 grams of blended tomatoes (I used a can but you can use fresh or canned)
1 Large tablespoon of tomato puree
1 Tub 250 gms Ricotta Cheese
125 gms of fresh mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon Salt for the filling and 1 teaspoon for adding to the water which you need when you precook the cannelloni.
1/2 teaspoon of chilly powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
15 Cannelloni Tubes
200 gms Grated Cheddar cheese
I tablespoon cooking Oil
1. Heat the oil and add in the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the spinach, mixed vegetable, tomatoes and tomato puree; plus the spices - salt, chilly powder, cumin powder, turmeric.
3. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
4. Once cooked, blend all the vegetables using a blender.
5. Allow the mixture to cool.
6. Now boil some water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to it and precook the cannelloni for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix the ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl.
8. Take 1 cup of the cooked vegetables and add it to the cheese mix.
9. Mix the cheese and vegetable puree. Now your stuffing is ready.
10. Using a very small teaspoon, scoop the mixture and stuff the cannelloni tubes.
11. Place the tubes in an oven proof dish.
12. If you have any filling left, pour it over the cannelloni tubes.
13. Cover the cannelloni shells with the left over vegetable puree.
14. Grate the Cheddar cheese and sprinkle it on top of the vegetable puree.
15. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and cook it in the oven at 180 Degrees C for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your oven.
My blog is also available on Kindle.