I really don't know anyone who doesn't love pizza. However you can never be sure how healthy ready made pizzas will be. I love making pizzas to my own taste with my choice of toppings. Here's a simple to follow recipe:
Ingredients for 2 large Pizza costing less than £ 5.00:
500 gms Bread flour for the base ( the one I used was ready mixed with yeast)
For the topping you can use as much or as little of the following:
2 cans of chopped tomatoes (400gms size)
8 cloves of garlic - crushed
Mixture of green, red and yellow peppers
A small bowl of diced pineapples
2 sliced onions
A small bowl of sweetcorn
2 or 3 finely diced chillies
A mixture of cheddar and mozarella cheese
Slices of mozarella cheese
Fresh or dry oregano
2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil (mainly for greasing the pizza trays)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the dough with 325 luke warm water (or as instructed on the bread mix). Mix well for 5 minutes.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface and rest it for 5 minutes.
3. Knead the dough again for two minutes and divide it into 2 balls.
4. Rest the dough balls for 5 Minutes.
5. Spread the dough onto a greased pizza baking tray, cover with tea towel and leave it to raise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place. (if you don't want your base to raise too much, you can prick it with a fork before leaving it to rise. Also if you like your base to be cooked, you can cook the base for 10 minutes before putting your toppings on.)
6. Now - prepare the toppings - starting with the tomatoes. Drain of the excess juices from the tomatoes.
7. Gently heat the tomatoes. Do not use very high heat as you do not need to boil the tomatoes.
8. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and let this cook slowly.
9. Prepare your other toppings and keep them ready.
10. Put all your toppings on the pizza base. Make sure that you leave the crust clear of any toppings. sprinkle some oregano on the pizza.
12. Serve pizzas with a jacket potato and salad.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.