Monday 2 December 2013

Naan Bread Spicy Pizza (Naanza)



We had been out for a meal at lunchtime but I was hungry by the time we finished our shopping and got home.  I am one of those people who can not wait for something to be cooked when I get hungry and often end up having a simple cheese sandwich which I moan about if it's too bland.  My hubby has been watching a lot of food shows lately  and is always ready to help me make great tasting ,quick and easy meals using every day ingredients.  This is one such dish which took him less than 30 minutes to make and we called it Naanza .   You can use any topping you like on your pizza all depends what you have in your fridge or freezer.  If you do not like spicy food, please reduce the use of chilly powder and green chillies.

Ingredients for 2 servings:

Shop Bought Naan breads: 2  large naan and 2 Mini naans
1 onion - grated
1 grated garlic
1 capsicum/pepper - chopped into small pieces
½ cup tinned tomatoes
½ tsp salt
½ tsp chilly powder
½ tsp dhana jiru (mixture of coriander and cumin powder)
1-2 green chillies chopped
2  cups grated cheese
2 tsps oregano
1 tbs oil

Method:

1.  Heat the oil and add the grated garlic to it.


2.  Once the garlic softens, add the onions, green chillies and green peppers.


3.  Add all the spices - salt, chilly powder and  dhana jiru.


 4.  Cook until all the vegetables are cooked.


5.  Add the tomatoes to the mixture and stir until it's all blended well.


 6.  Once the topping is cooked, spread it on your naan bread leaving the edges clear to give it a bit of a pizza look.


7.  Sprinkle some grated cheese on the top and cook them in the pre heated oven at 170 degrees for 10- 15 minutes depending on how cooked you like your cheese.




8.  Sprinkle some oregano and serve the Naanza/pizza hot
.

I have used a similar style of filling on Jacket potatoes too and they taste great.

For recipes on home made Pizza please click here and here

If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.

My blog is also available on Kindle.


4 comments:

  1. wow... looks delicious and very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and lovely looking pizza. I could have it at any point of time during the day.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a droolicious pizza...love the rich toppings....

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely topping ,sure have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.