Friday 17 August 2012

Cheese and Oregano Parathas



I love experimenting with herbs and spices to making all the Indian breads a bit more exciting.  I tried making these parathas by adding cheese and oregano and the results were amazing. 

Ingredients for 8 -10 porathas:

2 cups of plain chappati flour (or strong wheat flour)
1 tsp salt
2 heaped spoonfuls butter
pinch of turmeric
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp dried oregano
I cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sunflower oil  for layering the poratha and frying them

Method:

1. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.

2. Add the salt, turmeric, garlic, butter, 1 tablespoon oil and organo to the flour.


3. Gently pour warm water to the mixture to form a nice pliable dough.

4. Cover the dough for 30 minutes.


5. Divide the dough into small balls - slightly bigger than golf ball size.

6. Sprinkle some flour on a worktop and roll out one poratha as shown below:


7.  Sprinkle cheese on the rolled out paratha and fold the poratha in half as shown below:



 8. And again in quarter as shown below:


9. Sprinkle some flour into this triangle and roll it out again.


10. Fry this poratha gently in a frying pan using a minimum amount of oil. Making the poratha this way, makes it crispy and fluffy when lightly fried. 




11.  Sprinkle some more cheese on the parathas and serve with any curry or pickle.


If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter.

My blog is also available on Kindle   


6 comments:

  1. The parathas look yumm.. Kids will surely be happy with all the cheese. Have you tried using taco seasoned cheese? I think that will also work wonders in this recipe.
    Love Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried this but it looks perfect and delicious..sure kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely fabulous idea!!!! Parathas look so inviting!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,, Mina ji.. paratha with oregano and cheese sounds awesome. they puffed up so well. I must say it is delicious..

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.