Happy New year to all my readers. I hope that you had a great Christmas and New Year break and are enjoying the half price Sales at this time of the year. I am really interested in finding out how many of you went actually left your house to go Christmas shopping and go to the Sales this year? I have been so busy this year that I ended up doing most of my Christmas shopping and Sale shopping online I found that buying goods online was a lot cheaper than buying it in the Stores. In fact some of the Department stores were offering extra discount and free Postage for buying their stuff online and I was completely hooked.
Being a food blogger, I am always looking at eBay for cheap props and kitchen appliances. This got me thinking whether other countries also sold stuff on eBay. That’s when I stumbled upon http://www.cuponation.in and https://www.cuponation.in/ebay-india-coupons . Apart from being a massive big marketplace - eBay India had a lot more discounts and coupons than the UK eBay site. They had some great looking and reasonable priced kitchen appliances that I would love to buy for my niece who lives in India but not sure if they would be delivering to all parts of India. I would be interested to find out if any of you have ever used this website from outside India?
I bet you have all guessed that not much blogging got done whilst I was busy shopping online!! I was lucky that my sons were home for Christmas and they took on the challenge of cooking for us by using my blog for the recipes. I was quite impressed by some of the stuff they cooked!!
I made this quick and easy stir fried rice for us all when we were all hungry one midnight after playing Monopoly!! I don't usually approve of midnight snacks but my boys were home and I was happy to do anything for them!! I decided to cook something light and quick for the midnight snack. I made this quick and easy stir fried rice which we had with plain Greek Yogurt.
Ingredients for 4-6 servings:
4 cups cooked plain basmati rice
1 medium potato
1/2 cup peas (I used frozen peas)
1 onion sliced finely (I used red onion)
1 fresh carrot
1-2 green chillies for garnishing (optional)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
1. You need to make sure you have cooked the rice. This recipe would also work with left over rice.
2. Chop your onions finely.
3. Dice the potatoes and carrots into very small cubes.
4. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds to the oil.
5. Once the cumin seeds get brown, add the onions and allow them to soften.
6. Add the potatoes, carrots and peas.
7. Add the salt and turmeric powder to the vegetables. Stir well and allow the vegetables to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the potatoes soften. When using frozen peas, you do not need to add any water to the vegetables. Fresh peas may need some water.
8. Now add the plain cooked rice to the vegetables and mix in by stirring gently.
9. Cover the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
10. The rice is ready to serve with love. For special occasions, you can garnish it with cashews and peanuts.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle.