Please take a look at my alu stuffed paratha recipe which I posted a couple of years ago. I like to make stuffed parathas as an occasional treat and it's nice to try out different fillings.
In this recipe, I have used paneer, cheddar cheese, onion and potato for the stuffing.
Ingredients for 6-8 parathas:
For the filling/stuffing:
1 boiled, medium potato
1 small onion - finely grated
half cup grated paneer (easy to make paneer recipe here)
half cup grated cheddar cheese
2 or 3 green chillies - minced
small bunch of coriander - cut finely
half a teaspoon salt
one teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
pinch of garam masala (optional)
For the paratha dough:
2 cups of strong wheat flour (often called Atta or chappati flour)
pinch of salt
1 clove of garlic - minced
Some sunflower oil
First prepare the dough:
1. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the salt and garlic to the flour
3. Add two teaspoons of oil to the flour.
4. Mix well and prepare the dough by adding some warm water to the dough.
5. Keep blending it using a drop of oil so it doesn't stick to the mixing bowl -until it gets soft and pliable. Let it rest for half an hour.
Next prepare the stuffing:
6. Blend the paneer and chillies, salt, lemon juice, sugar and garam masala.
7. Add the boiled potato, grated onions and cheddar cheese and mix:
8. Make little balls (slightly smaller than golf balls) of your filling and of your dough.
9. Sprinkle some dry flour and roll out the dough to a small circle. Add the filling to the circle
10. Fold in the dough circle, joining all the edges:
11. Sprinkle some flour to the dough circle and turn it over:
12. Using a thin rolling pin, roll out the paratha: The size depend on how much dough and filling you used.
13. Spread a spoonful of oil on the paratha and fry in a non stick pan.
14. Enjoy it with any curry or yoghurt.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle