Got any left over bread. Well you can use it to feed the birds but there has been lots of articles lately about how bad bread is for the birds. In that case, you can use it make bread pakoras or french bread pizza or spicy toasted sandwiches. You can also use it to make bread crumbs. The best bread I like for making bread crumbs is French bread sticks as they tend to dry really well. I usually make plain bread crumbs but you can add herbs such as oregano and rosemary to the bread if you wish.
Ingredients for 2 cups of bread crumbs:
half of a French bread stick
1. Allow the bread stick to become hard by leaving it in a paper bag.
2. Cut the bread into small cubes
3. Heat the oven at 190 degrees and allow the bread to warm in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Once it's cooled, grind it in a food processor
5. Using a strainer, sift the breadcrumbs and grind any left over big pieces of bread.
6. Store the bread crumbs in an air tight bottle or freeze them to use whenever you need them.
I tend to use them to add to pakora batter. Watch out for my paratha recipe using bread crumbs.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle