Wednesday 30 May 2012

Coconut, chillies and Yogurt chutney/dip


Over the last few months, you will have seen my recipes for green chutney/dip and tomato chutney.  Both these chutneys are perfect to serve with potato bhajias, onion bhajias, pokoras etc.  This yoghurt, chilli and coconut chutney/dip is also perfect for serving with any Indian starter.  The sweet and sour yogurt with the hot chillies helps give a real kick to any Indian dish without much effort.


Ingredients

1 cup Greek style Yogurt
3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly grated coconut for garnishing (optional)
2 green chilles for garnishing
2 teaspoon of my green chutney (recipe here)

Method:

1. Mix the yogurt with a fork

2. Add the green chutney, dessicated coconut and salt and mix

3. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish it with chopped green chillies and freshly grated  coconut.

4.  As an option you can add some tempering to the chutney. Take one - two teaspoons of oil and heat it.  Add a couple of pinches of mustard seeds   to the oil and when they finish popping add them to the chutney before  transferring it to the serving dish. (some add urad dall to the oil which would need to brown before adding it to the chutney)

Left over chutney/dip should be stored in the fridge and eaten within a couple of days. 


If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter

My blog is also available on Kindle   

1 comment:

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.