I make sandwiches for myself every single day for lunch with various fillings but have never shared a recipe. I am sharing this for two reasons - One is because my blogger friend Nayna from Simply foods is hosting an event called Let's make sandwiches. The second reason is because one of the fans from Authentic vegetarian recipes Facebook page likers asked me to share this recipe.
Ingredients for one sandwich:
2 slices of any bread (I used whole meal bread)
butter or margarine
mixed salad (I used lettuce, shredded carrot, red cabbage)
peppers (I used red,orange and red peppers)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Wash and prepare the salad and peppers
2. Spread the butter or margarine to your bread.
3. Spread out the peppers and salad on the bread. The peppers add a lovely spicy taste to your sandwiches.
4. Sprinkle the grated cheese on one side of the bread.
5. Sprinkle some black pepper and basil on the salad if you wish. Try not to use salt as it's not good for you plus will make your sandwiches soggy if you prepare them early for your lunch.
6. Join the two slices of bread, remove the crust and cut your sandwiches into triangles and pack them for your lunch. These sandwiches have to be eaten cold.
7. Enjoy these colourful sandwiches with any drink of your choice.
8. Watch out for more variations of my sandwiches over the coming weeks.
Sending this recipe to sandwich event by Nayna:
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan on my facebook page or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle