Tuesday 1 March 2011

Penne Pasta bake



This is a very healthy and easy to make recipe – perfect for dinner or lunch.   What I like about this recipe is that you don’t even need to add any oil to it.

Ingredients to serve 4 people

6 cups of Penne or Fusilli Pasta
6 cups of Passata ( you can use tinned tomatoes but will need more as the sauce will not be as thick as Passata)
7-8 cloves of fresh garlic
1 onion
1 teaspoon salt for the pasta sauce and one for the pasta.
Pepper to taste
2-3 cups of grated cheddar and mozarella cheese
1 teaspoon of oregano

Method:

1. Blend the passata, onions and garlic and heat the sauce.

2. Add the salt and pepper.

3. Once heated, let it simmer gently.

4. This basic sauce can be made ahead and frozen too to use anytime you cook pasta or spaghetti.  If you like hot and spicy pasta, you can add fresh green chillies to the sauce.   You can also add some vegetables to the sauce if you wish to. 



5. Whilst the sauce is heating up, boil 1-2 litres of water with a teaspoon of salt. You need enough water to enable you to cover the pasta and allow it to boil.

6. Once boiled, add the pasta to the water.


7. Once the pasta has cooked, add it to the sauce and transfer to an oven proof dish.


8. Sprinkle with cheese and oregano.


9. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and cook in the middle of the oven at 150 degrees for 20 minutes.



10. Serve pasta with fresh salad.


If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.


My blog  is also available on Kindle.

12 comments:

  1. Woww that's a marvelous and yummy past...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the baked version of pasta, looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely pasta ,baking it is a wise idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baked pasta...there was a time, when I would make it just for myself with all the veggies...yumm yumm!
    Smitha
    http://smithasspicyflavors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tasty looking pasta,love it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who can resist this yummy looking pasta?? Looks yummy
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never tried baked pasta, your click make me drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fuss free yet a delicious & cheesy pasta...Love it!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheesy n tangy baked pasta:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can have this pastas even daily,truly inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a lovely pasta bake...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great and perfect looking pasta dear, love it.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and posting a comment. I genuinely appreciate comments like yours on my blog and I hope you will visit again. Leave me your contact details if you would like me to visit your blog.
Any comments without contact details will be sent to the Spam box. Any comments with back links will also be sent to the Spam Box. Any rude comments will be reported to Google.