Ready made Tortilla wraps are now readily available in most grocery stores. They are so versatile and can be used to make wraps, enchilladas, pizzas or these hot and spicy Tortilla sandwiches. I suppose some people could call them enchiladas with a difference. I love making these as a quick snack at lunchtime.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
4 teaspoons of coriander chutney (recipe is here)
4-6 teaspoons of salsa or tamato sauce
1/2 cup of sweet corn
1 large pepper sliced finely
1 medium onion sliced finely
1 medium tomato
grated cheddar cheese
grated mozarella cheese
1 teaspoon of oregano
1. Take one tortilla and spread it with tomato and green chutney.
2. Spread the toppings on the tortilla - sweet corn, peppers, onion and tomato.
3. Top this with cheddar and mozarella cheese and sprinkle some oregano on top of the cheese.
4. Cover this with a tortilla and cook it in the oven for 5 minutes at 150 degrees. You can cook it in a frying pan but it's quite fiddly. Cooking it in the oven gives you a chance to prepare your second tortilla sandwich.
5. Serve the tortilla sandwich hot with some Mexican crisps like Doritos or similar.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle.