Ever since I saw this and other street food recipe in Srivalli's blog , I have been craving for it. I often make somosas but usually just eat them on their own so this was a whole new experience for me.
Ingredients to serve 2-3 people:
10-12 samosas . My recipe for making samosas is here.
2 cups sev. My recipe for making sev is here.
2 cups Plain yogurt
1/2 cup coriander chutney. My recipe for chutney is here
1/2 cup tamarind chutney. (I used ready made Maggie's tamarind sauce)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chilly powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
1 finely chopped tomato
1 finely chopped onion
|yogurt with spices|
2. Prepare the coriander chutney as per my recipe.
3. Prepare the tamarind chutney. I used ready-made Maggie sauce today.
4. Prepare the yogurt sauce: Beat the plain yogurt and add salt, pepper, chilly powder, cumin, coriander powder. (You can also add sugar if you think your yogurt is sharp). You can add ready made Chaat masala to the yogurt if you do not wish to add all the spices I used.
5. Now you are ready for preparing the chaat. Break two or three samosas in bite size pieces and arrange them in a bowl.
6. Add the yogurt mixture on top of the samosas.
7. Pour some coriander chutney and tamarind sauce on top of the yogurt.
8. Sprinkle the tomato and onion pieces on the mixture.
9. Finish off with a sprinkling of sev and enjoy your Samosa chaat.
10. I also made one portion with some chora fari toppings too!
11. We really enjoyed this dish and tried it with several variations.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle.