Spinach and Paneer curry is one of those dishes everyone tends to order in a restaurant. It is a nice accompaniment with naan bread. It's an easy to make dish and fairly healthy. I like making this dish as it a very quick dish to make.
Ingredients for 4 servings
6 cups of chopped fresh baby spinach ( You can use frozen spinach too)
2 cups of diced paneer
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil (You can use any cooking oil)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon salt
2 green finely blended green chillies
2 tablespoons of ground ginger
2-3 cloves of finely ground garlic
half a can of tinned tomatoes
half a cup of fresh plain yogurt.
1 teaspoon cummin powder (optional)
1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
1. Transfer the spinach to a microwave dish, add half a cup of water and cook it covered for 3 minutes.
2. The baby spinach should be soft now. Allow it to cool.
3. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin to it.
4. Once the cumin gets brown, add the diced paneer and cook it until it gets golden brown.
5. Now, blend the tomatoes and add them to the paneer.
6. Add the blended green chillies, ginger, garlic and salt .
7. Whilst this is simmering, blend the cooked spinach and add it to the paneer and tomato mixture.
8. Cook this for 5 minutes, and then add the yogurt.
9. Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes. If you have cumin and coriander powder, add it now.
10. The curry is ready to serve with rice ot naan bread.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.
My blog is also available on Kindle .