Do you have any dish that you enjoy russtling up for a quick snack but not sure what to call it? Well, I have the same problem with this dish. Do I call it just pasta with mixed vegetables or Pasta soup with vegetables?? I decided to call it vegetable and pasta chunky soup as I usually serve it for lunch with toasted french bread. This is a very tasty, easy, simple and filling recipe. It's a great dish and you can have for lunch or dinner in the cold weather. It's also a very healthy dish as it has loads of vegetables and no OIL.
You can make adjustments to the ingredients to suit your taste.
200 grams or one Cereal bowl of pasta. I used linguine but you can use spagetti or any pasta.
200 grams or a cereal bowl of any vegetables. I used a mixture of carrots,peppers, peas, sweetcorn, brocolli and a small onion.
2 cups of tinned tomatoes (You can use fresh tomatoes or passata as well)
salt and pepper to taste.
1 teaspoon grated ginger,
2-3 cloves of grated garlic
finely chopped fresh green chillies (optional to your taste)
2 tablespoons of tomato puri
1 tablespoon of lemon (optional)
1 tablespoon of jaggery (only use if you use lemon)
1. Put some water to boil in a large saucepan for the Linguini.
2. Whilst you are waiting for that, mash and transfer the tomatoes to another saucepan to heat.
3. Add the mixed vegetables and all the spices and herbs to the tomatoes.
4. Add one cup of water to the vegetables and allow the mixture to simmer.
5. Cut the linguini into very small pieces and add to the boiling water.
6. Cook for 8 minutes or until the linguini is cooked.
7. Drain the linguini.
8. Add the pasta to the vegetables which should now be cooked.
9. Allow this mixture to cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
10. Serve it hot with toasted French bread.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click on Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
My blog is also available on Kindle.