I saw the recipe for Garlic Rolls on Suhaina's blog and couldn't resist trying it out. I followed her recipe mostly but am posting my version to remind me of how lovely the rolls turned out. We had these rolls instead of plain rolls with our pav bhaji. The pav bhaji's recipe was from Nayna's blog.
Ingredients for 8 Rolls:
500 gms Bread flour (I used ready mixed breadmix with added yeast)
2-3 tablespoons of Olive oil
350 mls of warm water
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
For the Garlic butter:
50 grams of butter
3-4 cloves of finely grated garlic
a small bunch of fresh coriander
1. Add a tablespoon of Olive oil to the Bread mix with 350 mls of warm water.
2. Knead until you get a smooth dough.
3. Transfer the dough into a clean dish and cover with a dish cloth. Allow it to rise for 40-45 minutes. The dough will double its initial size.
4. Whilst the dough is rising make the garlic spread : Mix the butter and the finely grated garlic to it. Add some coriander to the mixture and keep it at room temperature.
5. After 45 minutes, mix the bread dough so that the air is knocked out.
6. Divide the dough into 2 portions.
7. Roll out the dough into a square of about half inch thick.
8. Spread the garlic spread on the rolled out dough.
9. Roll in the rectangle dough to form a cylinder shape.
10. Divide the roll into two equal parts.
11. Now divide the 2 halves into 2 again giving you four pieces.
12. Place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan.
13. Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
14. Apply any remaining garlic butter to the rolls and sprinkle some sesame seeds .
15. Cover the rolls for a further 20 minutes. The rolls will raise again.
16. Cook the rolls at a temperature of 180 degrees C.
17. Bake the rolls for 20 - 25 minutes.
18. Like Suhaina mentioned in her blog, the aroma of garlic bread filled the house and we all fell in love with the rolls.
19. We had the hot rolls with bhaji. Recipe to follow soon.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please Follow or become a fan of my page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.